Thursday, February 1, 2018

Picture of the Week - 2/1/2018

Tomorrow is Quinn's 14th birthday.  

Wow!

Bob recently came across a quote that he shared with me as we were talking about The Mighty one day.  It really struck me.

"And though your beginning was small, your latter days will be very great." ~Job 8:7

I can't wait to see where this kid goes in life.  I can see SO many different paths that he could take from here.  It's literally the precipice of very great things!

In some ways, Quinn is a very typical teenage boy.  He spends far too much time on video games and watching Youtube videos and texting/snapchatting/whatevering.  He spends a LOT of time in his room.  He doesn't read as much as I think he should.  He doesn't study as much as he could.  He does normal teenager-y stuff - including the attitude crud!!

But there are also SO many ways that Quinn is just a little surprising.  He's just a little bit different than what you would expect.  And that makes him really, really awesome!

Quinn is, hands down, one of the kindest boys I know.  He cares about people and seems to actually enjoy taking care of others.  He never fusses about watching his brothers.  He happily takes on "dog duty".  He loves babies!  How many 13/14 year old boys do you know who love babies???  I don't know what Quinn will do when he grows up, but I'm willing to bet you now that it will involve care taking of some kind for something.  He just has that nature about him and it's such a joy to see.  

Don't get me wrong...  this is not to say that our sweet 2nd boy is universally sweet and agreeable.  Ha!  He's a teenage boy.  There are eye rolls and grunted responses and all the junk that goes with getting through middle school.  But I can see through all of that and I can imagine what's about to emerge.  And I'm SO EXCITED to watch it happen!

Quinn is going to have a great year as he transitions out of middle school and tackles high school.  I can't wait to watch him continue to work his way through all the decisions and choices that will lead him to the path of "very great" years.  

Happy Birthday Mighty Quinn!  Thank you for being such a cool kid and teaching your dad and I so very many important things!


No comments:

Post a Comment