Thursday, November 30, 2017

Picture of the Week - 11/30/2017

Is there any time of year that's more filled with traditions than the weeks between Thanksgiving and the New Year?  

Traditions are pretty powerful.  Some of them I adore (Burt's Pumpkin Patch) and some of them I abhor (dying Easter Eggs).  I guess most traditions that I can think of are annual events - and therefore lend themselves to measuring the passage of time.  

We have an ornament tradition that my mom started before we were even married.  For those playing along, the first year for this tradition was 1996.  For that year - and each year after - we get a new ornament for Christmas with a "family" picture on it from the year.  These ornaments have seen our family grow in both size and number.  And this box of ornaments has become one of my most prized possessions.  I love looking back at how things have changed over the years.  (Even if a few of those remember me how YOUNG we were when this whole thing started!)

What's your favorite tradition???

I'm off tomorrow for my quarterly trip to Scotland.  It's a terrible time of year to be going.  It's cold over there (I hate being cold) and there's so much that needs to be done around here to get ready for the holidays.  Thankfully most of my shopping is done, but that's then there's wrapping and baking and cleaning and cooking.  And wrestling...  SO. MUCH. WRESTLING.  I had no idea how involved a "proper" wrestling season is, but we're learning fast.  Spencer is still wrestling varsity.  He's at a tournament of some kind every weekend (all of them...) from now until mid-January.  Wow!

Have a great week everyone - enjoy all your special seasonal traditions!  


No comments:

Post a Comment