Thursday, November 15, 2012

Picture of the Week - 11/15/2012

The countdown is finally *almost* over!  And I am not ashamed to say that I think I'm more excited than any of the boys!!
 
We are leaving for a trip to Orlando tomorrow.  We've been planning it for a long time!  (When I say "we", I use that term loosely because I am blessed with a group of travel partners who have allowed me to shape almost this entire trip!)  We are going to Disney (of course), but we are also visiting the 2 Universal Studios parks for the first time and made a late change to the itinerary to allow us to get to Seaworld - just in time for their Holiday celebration kick-offs.  I really don't know if I'm more excited to watch Spencer vibrate with excitement over the coasters or Quinn doing his "mother hen" impression to show his little brothers all the wonder of Disney.  I can't wait to see Beckett's face light up with all the sites his little eyes will see.  And Zane...  well...  as we have some experience at Disney with spunky 3-year-olds...  this trip is really all about Zane.  He's old enough that I know he's going to have a blast.  I want to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride with him and show him the Dr. Seuss world and let him see live Polar Bears.  I can't wait until he sees Figment and talks to Crush.  I want him to be wowed by Lightening McQueen's stunts and tickled to feed a dolphin.  I just want to watch him enjoy all the things that I've watched his big brothers enjoy.  I want to make him some happy memories!
 
I'm so dang excited to get down there!!
 
We are thrilled that Berber and Pappy are going to be there with us too!  It's so nice to get to experience all that fun with them too!  (And a couple of extra pairs of hands is always appreciated when herding 4 independent pairs of feet!)  We are also going to get to meet my sister and her family for a day down there too!  What fun it will be to watch the kids play together and celebrate Ella's birthday in such a special place. 
 
We leave tomorrow around lunchtime.  Anyone have any ideas on how to make the next 27ish hours go more quickly???
 
 
 
I had to share a picture of Beckett this week engaged in his new current favorite activity - climbing in boxes.  This obsession started a week or so ago when my parents were visiting and my dad stuck Beck in a box and covered him up with toys  B thought this was the funniest thing EVER and belly laughed so hard that we were ALL laughing at him.  It appears to a 12 month old (almost 13...  ACK!) that getting into the box solo is nearly as much fun as the initial experience.  And we can't keep him out of ANY boxes now.  He's in, he's out, he's flipping himself onto his face...  It's dangerous business being so cute!
 
 
 
I saw a quote on Facebook the other day that I have to share.  As we are all going into a holiday week which I hope will include family and fun and yummy food for all of you, I think this is particularly fitting. 
 
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."  ~ Guillaume Apollinaire
 
Have a fantastic - and happy - week! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment